So, today the class began to use twitter. I'd been a twitter user, but never tweeted. I follow about 100 people, none of them close friends, who tweet on things I'm interested in. So essentially I use it as a news source, or even like Google reader, with tweets, rather than site updated coming in a steady stream. I've left that account alone, and made a new one, using my real name. I'm thinking it will be my "professional" twitter account, if it takes off. Of course to do that, I had to set up a new gmail account. That could set up a whole bunch of account and password confusion, so I'll have to look at reorganizing.
Anyway, the class became totally engrossed in it. I'm hoping to track down a few sites, link to, and review them on how to make the most of twitter as a communication tool, rather than just a fun toy to share with friends. One that looks like a solid start is the guide at http://mashable.com/guidebook/twitter So check back for more soon.
Hello Julian,
ReplyDeletewell it sounds like you are new to the world of Twitter from a 'user' perspective. I too, am a Twitter neophyte and rather proud of it! I will, of course, have come to grips with also getting my head around the concept and practice of 'Tweeting' in time. So here goes nothing...
Ach. Just discovered that link is broken. Trying to fix!
ReplyDeleteThis one works:
Deletehttp://mashable.com/guidebook/twitter/
Going to update main post, too.